This past year has been a really cool run for Heckler Kane Creations and the Imperfect Podcast. We’ve been committed to bring you weekly interviews with indie film makers, actors and creative talent that helps support the indie film community. In this episode we have some really cool announcements we can’t wait to share about our new home for the podcast at Blog Talk Radio, crowdfunding our web series Seymour the Unfortunate Vampire and shout outs to our supporters and guests who made all of this possible!
We are Moving to Blog Talk Radio
First things first. The Imperfect Podcast is moving! We will have a new home at Blog Talk Radio very soon. This summer we will be re-releasing our best podcasts from the past year. In the meantime follow us on twitter @hecklerkaneinc or sign up for our mailing list to become an Imperfect Podcast Insider.
If you’d like to be considered as a guest for the next round of interviews coming in September 2017 fill out the form on our contact page.
Seymour the Unfortunate Vampire
This summer we are taking on our biggest film making challenge yet. We will be filming an 8 episode web series called Seymour the Unfortunate Vampire. A supernatural comedy that follows the story of Seymour, who is trying to put the pieces of his life back together after being turned into a vampire. Visit http://hecklerkane.com/seymour for updates about the crowdfunding campaign that will be launching this summer.
Lookout for More Summer Releases
We’ve been filming a ton of content over the past few years and now is the time to release it! We have a number of titles coming your way that we know you’ll enjoy. Please like, comment and share to #SupportIndieFilm. Here’s the releases with dates to follow soon.
- Foley – A short film that pays homage to foley artists in our own twisted way.
- Jump – A short film about a man transported after encountering the ancient traveler’s stone.
- Fight Reel – Watch Joe show off his Taekwondo skills and the rest of our fight scenes from the films we’ve made.
- Hollywood Know How – More film making tips, how to videos and film gear.
Shoutouts and Many Thanks!
We’ve made some amazing friends, colleagues, fans and more this past year. We’d like to take a moment and say thanks to as many as we can.
- #PodernFamily – An amazing network of podcasters that’s been so supportive. Go to twitter and use hashtag #PodernFamily to find new podcasts to listen to, retweet other podcasts and join in the conversation
- David & Juliette – Juliette is the host of the Unwritable Rant podcast with her producer David. They’ve both been supportive since the beginning and generous with their time. We can’t thank them enough.
- Wendy Shepherd – Wendy is the founder of Studio Matrix and has been instrumental in helping us secure many interviews this year, such as Tony Germinario, the award winning film maker and writer of Bad Frank.
- October Coast Publicity – A great PR firm who’s helped us secure some fabulous interviews with film makers and in particular actress Tami Stronach who played the Childlike Empress in the Neverending Story.
- Carolyn Sames – An indie film supporter and effortlessly donates her time and resources to film makers and actors and was kind of enough to setup an interview with actor Rich Graff. Connect with Carolyn Sames on twitter at https://twitter.com/SamesCarolyn.
- Ethan Marten – Ethan has become a good friend since his interview with us and the Eyes of the Roshi cast. We even had the chance to meet up at the Soho International Film Festival for a screening of the film here in New York.
- Ruth Hill – She is an indie film blogger who has supported us from the beginning and introduced us to actor Marshall Teague. Ruth conducts wonderful interviews of her own at mydevotionalthoughts.net. See our interview with Ruth Hill here or connect with her on twitter at http://twitter.com/ruthhill74
- Twitter Friends: We can’t thank our daily coffee support group enough and I’m sure I missed many! Thank you all, Lisa, Mary, Angela, Laura Potter, Skip Bolden, Debbi Mack, Chris Twomey, K Maria Frascona